I usually don't talk about abortion, primarily because I didn't want to get into the "political" debates about it. But lately I am coming to realize that this is not about politics: This is about human lives.
There is a new website on my list for Sanctuary Ministries (http://sanctuaryministries.blogspot.com/), and I dearly hope that you will check it out. Like adultery, lying, stealing, and other sins that are damning to the soul, abortion is legalized murder of the most helpless of our society. It is the cause of our workers shortage here in America, it is the reason that fornication (incidentally, from a Latin word that was a euphemism for prostitution) is so rampant (because we are eliminating the consequences of foolish behavior), and, most importantly, it is a stench in the nostrils of the God who gives us every breath we take.
Take a look at this list of "abominations to the Lord" found in Proverbs 6:16-19:
1) A proud look (I have the RIGHT to do what I want with my own body)
2) A lying tongue (An infant's DNA is remarkably and unmistakably different from the mother's, and therefore is not part of her body)
3) Hands that shed innocent blood <--there is no more apt a description of abortion than that!
4) Feet that are swift in running to mischief (like the whores and whoremongers that procreate and then destroy)
5) A heart that devises wicked imaginations (like the many inventive ways they slaughter these innocents)
6) A false witness that speaks lies (Like the people who support abortion)
7) He who sows discord among the brethren (Like the people who tell women to have abortions behind their husbands' backs, who tell children to commit fornication and murder without the parents' knowledge).
There is nothing good about abortion. Nothing. Consider, if you will, the following four cases of hardship with pregnancy*:
1. A preacher and his wife are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she’s pregnant with the 15th. They’re living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she get an abortion?
2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. Of their four children, the first is blind, the second has died, the third is deaf, the fourth has TB. She finds she’s pregnant again. Given this extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?
3. A white man raped a 13-year-old black girl and she’s now pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?
4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She’s not married. Her fiancé is not the father of the baby, and he’s upset. Would you recommend abortion?
Now for the bombshells:
"In the first case, you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists in the 19th century. In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven. In the third case, you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer. If you said yes to the fourth case, you would have declared the murder of Jesus Christ!
"God is the author of life, and He has given every single individual supreme value. Each life—whether inside or outside the womb—should therefore be valued by us. God knows the plans He has for each individual and has written in His book all the days ordained for us before one of them came to be. When we presume to know better than God who should be given life, we are putting ourselves in the place of God and are guilty of idolatry."
We can't put a price on the lives of the treasures that God has given us in children. Please heed God's Sixth Commandment: "Thou shalt not kill."
*From Ray Comfort's Evidence Bible. For ordering information, go to www.livingwaters.com.